Are you new to Yoga or Pilates and looking to get started with a beginners course?
Top Tips For Beginners
Am I able to book a class?
You do not need to be a member of Breeze to enjoy our classes. However, as a non-member it is not possible to pre-book classes on a “drop in” (pay as you go) basis. Our classes are extremely popular and there are times when we operate a waiting list. If you are attending a class on a “drop in” basis, we suggest you arrive no less than 15 minutes prior to the class start time.
Who are classes suitable for?
Most of our classes are suitable for both newcomers and experienced students. When looking at our timetable, please note that any class with an asterisk shown next to it will be suitable for you if you have never attended one of our classes before (with the exception of illness and/or injuries, in which case please ask our team about what we recommend for you).
What do I need to know about the studio?
Please note that all of our yoga rooms are quiet rooms. We want you to take time out of daily life to really focus on yourself and enjoy the experience. Therefore we respectfully request that there is no chatter once inside our yoga rooms.
You will need to complete a medical form before you can practice with us for the first time – you can download the medical form and bring it with you to save you time on your first visit.
What do I need to know for my first time in the hot room?
- The hot studio is heated to 40 to 42 degrees Celsius so be prepared to sweat - which is good for you!
- Be hydrated! Have at least 2.5 litres of water in the 24 hours prior to your first class.
- If you have any specific medical conditions please consult your doctor first before participating in classes in the hot studio.
- Please do not wear strong perfume and/or deodorants as some people may be allergic.
What should I wear in the hot STUDIO?
Wear light clothing. Shorts, running vests and leggings are great as these are comfortable, easy to move in and allow your teacher to easily check your alignment during practice. Sweatpants and baggy clothes are not recommended.
What do I need to bring with me?
- A large towel or two. Should you forget to bring a towel we have stock available at reception for purchase at just £3 per towel.
Ideally you would need one to place on your mat and one to mop your brow! We also sell "get a grip" towels at reception, which are super absorbent, non slip and ideal for use in hot classes
- The lockers in our changing room require a padlock, you can bring your own or purchase one from Reception for £5
- An open mind
How will I feel after class?
After class drink plenty of water, eat whatever you fancy and then listen to your body – you may feel energised, completely and deliciously relaxed or even a little emotional at times as practicing yoga can help to release emotions and free us of that which does not serve us! All reactions are completely normal.
The next day you will certainly feel that your muscles have been working for you – the best thing to do is come back the next day or within 48 hours and allow the magic to deepen and all the good work to continue.
- Please arrive in plenty of time for class – we do not allow participants to enter the studio once the class has started as this disturbs the practice for others.
- If you are pregnant, our hot yoga classes are unsuitable for you to participate in. We do offer a Pregnancy Yoga class that would be more suitable.
- Breeze is a mobile phone free zone with the exception of the main reception area – enjoy your peace and tranquility with us!
- We request you to have clean bare feet only in the yoga rooms and beyond reception –please place your shoes in the cubbies in our waiting areas or in our lockers.
- Please observe quiet in the yoga rooms before, during and after class, including as you leave the class.
- Please avoid wearing strong perfumes or deodorants in the studios and changing areas in consideration of those with allergies.
- Try to stay in the room for the duration of the class as coming and going is distracting for others. Especially in hot classes please stay in the room in order that you do not “cool down and heat up” too quickly. In the event that you do need to leave, please ensure that you notify your teacher.
- Please do not bring bags/coats or other belongings into the studios to avoid trip hazards.
- Please only bring sealed water containers into the yoga rooms.
- Please divulge any medical conditions on your medical form and inform your teacher of any concerns at the start of class.
- Please help us to keep the yoga rooms and changing areas neat between classes – we have recycling bins for water bottles.
- Any lost property is kept for a maximum of two weeks.
- Enjoy your time with us!